WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect data from public databases and datasets and we do not hold personal information. You can access and use the website and services without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If, however, you wish to use some of the features on the website, you may be asked to provide certain personal information (for example, your name and e-mail address). We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you create an account, or fill any online forms; on the website. When required, this information may include the following:
- Personal details such as name, country of residence, etc.
- Contact information such as email address, address, etc. You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features on the website.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
In order to make the Website and Services available to you, we need to collect and use certain Personal Information. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested products or services. Some of the information we collect is directly from you via the Website and Services. Any of the information we collect from you may be used for the following purposes:
- To generate online and print content at ‘Africa in Science’ website and thinktank, respectively
- To contact you on relevant topics
- To send out newsletters
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Personal information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever. In addition, we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. You are able to delete certain personal information we have about you. The personal information you can delete may change as the website and services change. When you delete personal information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised personal information in our records for the duration necessary to comply with our obligations to our affiliates and partners, and for the purposes described below. If you would like to delete your personal information or permanently delete your account, you can do so on the settings page of your account on the website.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES
We do not share Personal Information with third parties. We will disclose any Personal Information we collect, use or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
We will retain and use your Personal Information for the period necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- you have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information.
- you have the right to object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- you have the right to learn if information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing.
- you have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GDPR?
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights and we aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us by reaching us at email@example.com.In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to request access to your Personal Information that we store and have the ability to access your Personal Information.
- have the right to request that we correct any Personal Information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the Personal Information you believe is incomplete.
- You have the right to request the erase your Personal Information under certain conditions of this Policy.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your Personal Information. When you restrict the processing of your Personal Information, we may store it but will not process it further.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that:
- There are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control.
- The security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and the Website cannot be guaranteed.
- Any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Website and Services has been compromised or users Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do, we will post a notice on the Website, send you an email.
CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms relating to the Website and Services from time to time in our discretion and will notify you of any material changes to the way in which we treat Personal Information. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We may also provide notice to you in other ways in our discretion, such as through contact information you have provided. Any updated version of this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Website and Services after the effective date of the revised Policy (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes. However, we will not, without your consent, use your Personal Information in a manner materially different than what was stated at the time your Personal Information was collected.
Africa in Science and PF. System Ltd. do everything to try and ensure the information offered on this website is as complete and accurate as possible but makes no guarantees with respect to the accuracy of the information provided.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
The intellectual property rights to any information contained on this site are reserved for Africa in Science and PF. System Ltd. No prior written permission to copy and/or distribute information from this website in any form without prior permission.
This website may contain links to non- Africa in Science sites. The Africa in Science and PF. System Ltd. Are not responsible for the content or use of these sites or for any consequences of a visit to a site linked to this website.
Africa in Science e-mailed information is intended for the addressee. Africa in Science and PF. System Ltd. do not guarantee the correct and complete transmission of the content of e-mails or the timely receipt.
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website and Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to access or use the Website and Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your personal information, you may write a letter to us at Science In Africa, PF System LTD., 71-75 Shelton Street, WC2H 9JQ, London, UK.